The automotive industry is a highly competitive, global industry dominated by large car manufacturers offering a vast array of models and options. Because the industry is engaged in the design, production, marketing, sale, and servicing of vehicles, an understanding of the automotive industry requires an understanding of the supply chain, including the entire manufacturing and customer-delivery process.
Every step of vehicle production and sales process, starting with the very first stage of vehicle design and ending with its service and repair, is a part of its supply chain. Today customers demand to buy more options and to have the freedom to change their orders and also demand to pay low prices. OEM’s must be able to offer their customers the opportunity to buy unique variants of a vehicle on an individual basis.
So the agile supply chain that can respond quickly to changes in customer demand plays a crucial role. An agile supply chain is fast from end-to-end, but more important, it's flexible.
Automotive companies, along with their suppliers, are becoming increasingly aware of how effective supply chain management can provide significant top- and bottom-line advantages. In order to react quickly to market and product changes, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) require increased flexibility and responsiveness from their suppliers. Automotive suppliers must deliver highly-reliable parts, components, and systems at a low cost and with 100% delivery performance to OEMs.
Best suppliers are focused on optimizing their inbound and outbound logistics. Supplier integration, on what and how data are shared, up and down the supply chain. While an OEM will fully disclose order information and inventory requirements to a Tier 1, as soon as the OEM knows those requirements, the Tier 1 will then fully disclose that information to its Tier 2 suppliers. Companies understand the benefits of tight collaboration with their suppliers and customers, but are struggling to execute collaboration plans. Supply chains are becoming more global in nature, and they require more configuration planning to optimize the supply network. Today more and more organizations are implementing APS systems to optimize their supply chains to achieve cost reductions and improved customerresponsiveness. This leads to an enhanced Supply Chain Visibility and enables industry wide collaboration.
ICRON helps automotive companies to answer these market challenges in ways that provide long-term advantage. ICRON provides a very flexible business modeling, planning and scheduling environment, which directly addresses the unique requirements of companies in automotive industry:
- Collaboration and visibility of inbound and outbound logistics
- Scenario based planning
- Ability to run What-if scenario analysis.
- Simultaneous consideration of material and plant resources.
- Utilization of Assets.
- Optimization algorithm comprising constraints and business goals
- Optimize production, transportation, distribution and material supply.
- Optimize the planning and management of service parts.
- Real-time plan and schedule creation with net change regeneration
- Production schedules based on constraints.
- Visibility of problems.
- Real-time decision support for:
- Plant production sources for products
- Plant capacity levels
- Sources for distribution centers
- Mods for transport
- Sources for purchased materials
- Inventory builds
- Real-time available promise
- Finished goods inventory management with production schedules
ICRON gives decision makers increased control and visibility across the entire supply chain for an overview of the entire supply network so that areas of potential improvement can be identified and made all in addition to financial benefits such as:
70-90%g reduction in planning cycle time;
15-30% improvement in forecast accuracy (collaboration and forecasting);
10-20% reduction in excess inventory (improved forecasting);
25-30% reduction in stock-outs (high customer service),
ICRON Platform gives companies in the Automotive Industry many other benefits such as:
- Distributed plan synchronization between business units within an enterprise, or between suppliers and manufacturers;
- Definition of planning logic based on customer requirements using algorithmic templates (ICRON GSAMS)
- On-line responsive scheduling of shop-floor activities
- Handling various and diverse orders from the sales department
- Staff does not need to consolidate orders as one seamless solution is provided
- Set up times are minimized
- Full Integration with ERP, MES and other execution systems
- Industry-wide collaboration and VMI
- Supply Chain Visibility both internal as well as external
TEMPLATE with symbols/pictures:
- - 100% FIT: ICRON is founded to provide a Scalable Integrated Platform capable of solving any type of planning issues today and adoptive to the future! Using a graphical development environment that does not need programming but just plug & play providing 100% customer fit.
- INTEGRATED PLANNING: Seamless Integration with ERP, MES, SCADA and other execution systems. ICRON’s platform creates whole chain awareness for everyone involved in making daily and vital supply chain decisions.
- DISTRIBUTED PLANNING: ICRON’s unified planning models enables companies to fully optimize every node of your supply chain by smoothly visualizing, optimizing and preventing the inter-departmental conflicts, while serving the ultimate (common) goal: “Helping companies to become and keep the cost leadership while collaboratively executing and over achieving companies commitments to its customers”.
- ANALYTIC PLANNING/SCENARIO PLANNING: Create what-if scenarios in generating the most optimal plans, while factoring customer priorities, costs, revenue, resources, and others.
- CONTINOUS OPTIMIZATION: ICRON helps you in creating the right planning scenarios and decision making but also in managing the disruptions during the execution of the planned such as Machine stops, employee illness, material shortages.
- VISIBILITY and CONTROL: Enhanced Supply Chain Visibility improves Industry wide collaboration. This leading to cost reductions and improved customer responsiveness.