Webcast: Spare Parts Optimization a different ball game
What’s special about Spare Parts Optimization? It’s actually inventory management, there are stocks or spare parts you like to control and plan. You are planning stock from that perspective, which is simple. But from the planning perspective it’s not simple. Standard inventory planning models don’t satisfy the spare parts inventory planning. Spare Parts Inventory Planning has very special requirements.
For example, how determine the right location for any spare part?
You should be looking at many parameters, such as:
- Pool of customer, the demand rate based on size of customers and locations;
- SLA levels, they might have impact on location choices;
- Scenario analyses, what might happen;
- Spare part dependency, there might be a maintenance “chain of problems”;
- Tools to be use to replace the parts, mostly very special and expensive tools;
- Experience and knowledge of the maintenance workers.
The webcast will provide a detailed overview about Spare Part Optimization and how to overcome challenges and problems.