Supply chain network planning involves evaluation of complex tradeoffs among various supply chain components such as suppliers and their capacities, purchasing costs, transportation costs, manufacturing capabilities at different facilities and overall demand satisfaction in a global network along with long-term considerations related to financial figures.
Purchasing, manufacturing, distribution, and transportation decisions should be considered in an integrated approach such that alternative decisions under different demand and supply scenarios can be simulated by a unified global model.
ICRON’s advanced planning and scheduling (APS) platform provides a rich and robust supply chain modeling and optimization environment that allows you to:
- Visualize and analyze the full breadth and depth of your supplier-to-customer network to identify areas of weakness, and then determine an optimal design for your supply chain network that minimizes costs and maximizes profits.
- Utilize top-notch optimization techniques that is fast and can cope with multiple objectives and detailed constraints for the overall supply chain.
- Make the best “what, where, and when” production, procurement, and distribution decisions to optimize the deployment of resources, utilization of materials, and allocation of inventory.
- Formulate an innovative and strategic network design with the optimal number and placement of warehouses, plants, and distribution facilities.
- Conduct “what-if” scenario analysis to make informed strategic decisions on important issues including production mix, inventory and constraint management, capital expenditure, and future network expansion or contraction.
With ICRON, you can ensure your supply chain network is designed to deliver satisfaction to your customers and value to your stakeholders.