Today’s global, consumer-driven marketplace is spurring increased volatility, costs, and complexity throughout the supply chain.
In order to successfully navigate this highly complicated and competitive industry landscape, logistics providers need to be able to effectively manage consumer demand, supplier networks, inventory and operating costs, as well as unexpected disruptions.
The ultimate goal for logistics companies is to deliver service excellence for customers and value for stakeholders – and to achieve this, they must be able to foster integration, collaboration, and agility throughout their end-to-end supply chain operations.
The logistics industry has entered an era of unprecedented technological transformation, as more and more firms are adopting innovative planning, execution, and optimization technologies to automate their supply chain management processes.
While innovations such as drone delivery and IoT integration are making headlines, behind the scenes, many logistics providers have been implementing cutting-edge Optimized Decision Making and Supply Chain Optimization solutions that are driving greater supply chain efficiency, visibility, and flexibility.
ICRON’s platform has proved to be a powerful tool for companies in every segment of the logistics industry (from port and terminal operators to freight forwarders, intermodal freight shippers, and 3PL and contract logistics providers), enabling them to integrate and optimize their supply chain planning and performance.
ICRON’s algorithm-based Optimized Decision Making and Supply Chain Optimization solutions give logistics companies complete, real-time visibility and control over their entire end-to-end supply chain, enabling them to:
- optimize planning and scheduling of daily operations to ensure maximum throughput and minimum costs.
- conduct overarching analysis of the supply chain network to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, manage inventory levels and service disruptions.
- forecast mid- and long-term resource requirements, taking into account changes in demand and capacity as well as regulations, and other constraints.
- conduct what-if analysis to evaluate different scenarios and transportation modes (FTL, LTL, milk-run, etc.) and manage risk.
- enhance communication and collaboration with suppliers.
- ensure on-time delivery of goods to customers.
With ICRON’s state-of-the-art optimization solution, logistics providers can ensure that their supply chain is fast, flexible, and reliable enough to meet the needs of today’s consumer-driven marketplace.