Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO)
Capital intensive industries such as aerospace, aviation, public transport, telecommunication, refineries, chemical, construction and semi-conductor manufacturing rely heavily on the availability of the equipment that they are using in their operations. Equipment failures resulting in disruptions of operations can lead to significant financial loses, erosion of reputation, and reduction of market share. Therefore, these companies demand high levels of service from their Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) operations or suppliers.
MRO providers must, however, strive to attain two conflicting objectives simultaneously: maximizing service levels and minimizing costs. In order to achieve these business goals, MRO providers need to be able to overcome significant supply chain challenges by:
- Optimizing utilization of resources and manpower.
- Coordinating complex shop floor operations.
- Managing the availability and stock levels of critical and expensive spare parts.
- Rapidly responding to sudden changes in demand.
- Aligning operational efficiency with changing job requirements.
By implementing ICRON’s Optimized Decision Making and Supply Chain Optimization platform, MRO providers can optimize their operations, minimize costs, and maximize productivity and service levels.
With ICRON, MRO providers can:
- Gain real-time visibility and control over shop floor operations and capacity.
- Automatically generate optimal maintenance plans and schedules in a matter of seconds, and update and adjust them to accommodate unexpected shifts in demand and capacity.
- Improve delivery performance by optimizing maintenance plans according to due dates – thereby increasing customer satisfaction.
- Conduct what-if scenario analysis to eliminate bottlenecks proactively.
- Improve resource and inventory utilization, parts procurement, and overall productivity.
- Reduce repair turnaround time and operating costs.