In the pulp, paper, and packaging industry, manufacturers are struggling to keep surging labor, raw material, energy, and inventory costs in check and cope with increasing complexity in their production processes and supply chains and intense competition from other producers.
To survive and thrive in the industry – which has seen a spike in terms of demand volatility as well as the variety of products, all of which are derived from a few raw materials – requires both specialized, high-end technological equipment and high-levels of automation. Additionally, paper production involves intensive energy usage, which put pressure on manufacturers in terms of operational efficiency and costs as well as environmental regulations compliance.
To satisfy the highly specific and sophisticated production requirements of customers, maximize resource utilization and profitability, and balance supply and demand, pulp, paper, and packaging manufacturers need to ensure their supply chains are fast, flexible, and reliable.
ICRON offers intelligent, integrated Optimized Decision Making and Supply Chain Optimization solutions that are able to deal with all aspects of the planning and operational challenges in the Pulp, Paper and Packaging supply chain. ICRON’s solutions enable manufacturing companies to maximize profitability, optimize operational performance and utilization of materials, inventory, and personnel, and react to unexpected shits in demand and supply in the most agile manner by making optimized plans and decisions.
With ICRON, manufacturers can:
- attain total visibility and control over their entire procurement, production, and distribution networks,
- handle co- or by-products and create plans that take multiple product combinations into account,
- minimize set-up times, increase capacity utilization, and improve on-time delivery performance,
- keep inventory at optimal levels based on costs and service-level targets,
- prioritize demand on the basis of emergency and profitability, and increase overall profit margins,
- facilitate improved coordination between various departments including sales, manufacturing, and purchasing,
- minimize energy-related costs by proposing an optimal energy usage and production plan.