To prosper in today’s global, demand-driven marketplace, logistics providers need to be able to deliver anything, anytime, anywhere. Quite a daunting challenge, given the intense competition and immense complexity these companies constantly face as they strive and struggle to get goods to customers on time and on budget.
No matter which type (inbound, interplant, or outbound) or mode (air, water, rail, or road) of transportation, the goal for logistics providers is the same: drive down costs and ramp up delivery performance and profits. To accomplish this, they must be able to:
- Overcome all of the constraints, complications, and disruptions within their supply chains.
- Cope with the extreme volatility of demand and meet the high expectations of customer service.
- Operate with increased speed, flexibility, and efficiency, at the lowest possible cost.
ICRON Logistics Planning (LP) solution will put your logistics company on the road to greater productivity and profitability, empowering you to make the best operational, tactical, and strategic decisions to deliver satisfaction to your customers and value to your stakeholders.
With ICRON’s algorithm-based, automated logistics planning and optimization solution, you can:
- Generate optimal transportation plans – including multi-modal, multi-leg, and multi-hub trips – that minimize costs and maximize resource utilization and customer service.
- Optimize your fleet and load distribution and determine the most time- and cost-efficient routes and modes of transportation.
- Gain full visibility and control over your inbound, interplant, and outbound transportation network.
- Communicate and collaborate with your workforce in the field in real-time to ensure on-time delivery of goods and rapid response to unexpected disruptions and changes to customer orders.
- Conduct what-if analysis to evaluate different scenarios and choose the best transportation routes, modes, and carrier combinations.
- Optimally balance your business’s capacity and constraints with customer demand.