Supply chain network planning involves the evaluation of complex tradeoffs among various supply chain components such as suppliers and their capacities, purchasing costs, transportation costs, manufacturing capabilities at different facilities and overall demand satisfaction in a global network – while taking long-term business goals into account.
Purchasing, manufacturing, distribution, and transportation decisions should be considered in an integrated manner such that alternative decisions under different demand and supply scenarios can be simulated by a unified global model.
ICRON’s optimized decision making and supply chain optimization platform provides a rich and robust supply chain modeling and optimization environment that allows you to:
- Visualize and analyze the full breadth and depth of your supplier-to-customer network to identify areas of weakness, and then determine an optimal design for your supply chain network that minimizes costs and maximizes profits.
- Utilize state-of-the-art optimization techniques that are capable of handling multiple objectives and detailed constraints.
- Make the best “what, where, and when” production, procurement, and distribution decisions to optimize the deployment of resources, utilization of materials, and allocation of inventory.
- Formulate an innovative and strategic network design with the optimal number and placement of warehouses, plants, and distribution facilities.
- Conduct “what-if” scenario analysis to make informed strategic decisions on important issues including production mix, inventory and constraint management, capital expenditure, and future network expansion or contraction.
With ICRON, you can ensure your supply chain network is designed to deliver satisfaction to your customers and value to your stakeholders.