OPERATIONS RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Expertises: Consulting, R&D
ICRON is a leading developer of algorithm based Advanced Planning, Scheduling (APS) and Optimization solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, MRO and Services sectors.
The software allows its users to optimize their end-to-end supply chain operations by better estimating and calculating forecasted demand (S&OP) with inventory, production (constraints), and material sourcing. This can be done at both strategic planning (including capacity and network planning), tactical planning (12-18 month horizon) and operational scheduling level.
Our customers are FORD, Bridgestone, LG, Villeroy & Boch, Yves Rocher, Perfetti/van Melle, Singapore Airlines, Rolls Royce, Vestel, Arçelik, and Şişecam. The company is in a growth mode and rapidly expanding from its headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in Istanbul and Singapore.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Operations Research, Optimization, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or Computer Science
- Course or thesis work involving operations research topics such as mixed-integer programming, discrete optimization, network flows, large-scale optimization, constraint programming and/or heuristics
- Experience with modeling tools such as GAMS, AIMMS, AMPL or solver-specific modeling libraries such as Concert
- Experience with mixed-integer programming solvers such as CPLEX, Gurobi, COIN-Cbc
- Ability to complete problem analysis, develop optimization requirements, design solutions, implement algorithms, perform testing, provide documentation, and work on projects within a team
- Proficient at analyzing large amounts of data
- Excellent communication skills
- Must work effectively with customers and team of consultants, provide technical guidance to sales managers and support groups
- Software development experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python
- Familiarity with algorithmic complexity and data structures
- Experience with commonly used parameters for guiding solver behavior
- Exposure to relational databases
- Familiarity with supply chain planning concepts
- Interacting with customers to analyze requirements for optimization-based decision support systems
- Designing and implementing optimization models and heuristics in ICRON to solve real-world optimization problems
- Working on diagnosing and resolving performance issues in optimization models
- Helping in the research, design and development of optimization-based products built on ICRON technology
Applicants with expertise in large-scale mixed-integer programming algorithms such as Benders decomposition, Dantzig-Wolfe decomposition, Lagrangean relaxation, column generation are especially encouraged to apply. If you like to solve complex real-life problems using optimization and advanced algorithms, contact us!