In today’s fast-paced and hypercompetitive business world, in the rush to produce goods and deliver services as quickly as possible, companies are often tripped up ..more February 8, 2017
OPERATIONS RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Expertises: Consulting, R&D
ICRON is a leading developer of algorithm based Advanced Planning, Scheduling (APS) and Optimization solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, MRO and Services sectors.
The software allows its users to optimize their end-to-end supply chain operations by better estimating and calculating forecasted demand (S&OP) with inventory, production (constraints), and material sourcing. This can be done at both strategic planning (including capacity and network planning), tactical planning (12-18 month horizon) and operational scheduling level.
Our customers are FORD, Bridgestone, LG, Villeroy & Boch, Yves Rocher, Perfetti/van Melle, Singapore Airlines, Rolls Royce, Vestel, Arçelik, and Şişecam. The company is in a growth mode and rapidly expanding from its headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in Istanbul and Singapore.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Operations Research, Optimization, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or Computer Science
- Course or thesis work involving operations research topics such as mixed-integer programming, discrete optimization, network flows, large-scale optimization, constraint programming and/or heuristics
- Experience with modeling tools such as GAMS, AIMMS, AMPL or solver-specific modeling libraries such as Concert
- Experience with mixed-integer programming solvers such as CPLEX, Gurobi, COIN-Cbc
- Ability to complete problem analysis, develop optimization requirements, design solutions, implement algorithms, perform testing, provide documentation, and work on projects within a team
- Proficient at analyzing large amounts of data
- Excellent communication skills
- Must work effectively with customers and team of consultants, provide technical guidance to sales managers and support groups
- Software development experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python
- Familiarity with algorithmic complexity and data structures
- Experience with commonly used parameters for guiding solver behavior
- Exposure to relational databases
- Familiarity with supply chain planning concepts
- Interacting with customers to analyze requirements for optimization-based decision support systems
- Designing and implementing optimization models and heuristics in ICRON to solve real-world optimization problems
- Working on diagnosing and resolving performance issues in optimization models
- Helping in the research, design and development of optimization-based products built on ICRON technology
Applicants with expertise in large-scale mixed-integer programming algorithms such as Benders decomposition, Dantzig-Wolfe decomposition, Lagrangean relaxation, column generation are especially encouraged to apply. If you like to solve complex real-life problems using optimization and advanced algorithms, contact us!